The Quality Policy of the Faculty of Sciences arises from the importance of consolidating a quality culture in the university area, so it is considered as a strategic factor to succeed on having the competences, abilities and skills of the graduated students recognised in their academic, professional and social fields.
This Dean Office targets its efforts towards the full realisation of the needs satisfactions and rational expectations of all the clients and users, both internal and external.
It is committed to use all the available technical, economical and human resources; always within the strict compliance of the relevant legal requirements, in an autonomic, national, and European level.
The Dean Office of the Faculty establishes the following general guidelines to achieve the Quality Objectives which constitute the Quality Policy:
- To keep an education offer in tune with the needs and expectations of the society, in order to consolidate high quality levels in the degrees, without renouncing the academic foundations of universality based on the development of knowledge of critical spirit, of analytical and reflection capacities.
- To achieve the national and international acknowledge of teaching quality through the achievement of the associated goals and the academic indicators, being specially relevant those related with the satisfaction of the stakeholders.
- To provide the continuous training for our workers, according to their respective activities, and to facilitate the necessary knowledges for them to develop their activity towards the satisfaction of our users’ needs.
- To ensure the implementation, development and monitoring of the Quality Guarantee System and the processes linked to the quality which affect the centre and its degrees.
- To ensure a teaching, research, management and knowledge transfer with gender perspective to remove the barriers which prevent a real equality between women and men.
- To ensure equal opportunities for our students and for other members of the university community who are functional diverse and/or vulnerable, in terms of teaching and learning, researching, management and knowledge transfer, by eliminating any type of discrimination and establishing positive action measures to ensure inclusion and complete and effective participation in our centre.”
- To facilitate the spread of the culture of quality and of the continuous training in quality for the academic staff, for the service and administration staff and for the students, promoting the effectiveness and the continuity of the linked systems and processes.